More and more people are going through financial hardships in recent times and it is becoming all the more difficult to get car insurance as it is becoming costlier. Nevertheless, it is essential for every driver. But in reality auto insurance cost is higher for people with bad credit than others. This is because your credit history is a major factor affecting your car insurance rate. You may find an insurer with your bad credit history but your premium rates for bad credit auto insurance will be higher.
The insurance companies calculate the rate of auto insurance taking into account your credit score as they consider those with bad credit are likely to make more frequent claims than those with healthy credit scores. The credit score is looked at as a way to find out how trustworthy you are with your credit and how promptly you pay your bills. According to the Insurance Information Institute motorists with low credit scores had filed 40% more claims than those with perfect credit. They will pay more for their car insurance and those with good credit will get a lower rate.
Do not despair. There is still hope. Some insurance companies specialize in providing bad credit auto insurance to suit their needs. You can do a few things to get a much affordable auto insurance. The following efforts will get you a very good deal on your car insurance in spite of your bad credit situation.
· Switch to a cheaper car. Older and less expensive cars are cheap to insure.
· Try to improve your credit rating by paying bills time
· Get a bad credit loan to reduce blemishes on your credit status
· Refuse any extras on any loan that you take
· A full time job is essential to repair your credit problems and to improve your credit rating
· You can do away with the high interest credit cards
· Restrict your spending to only the essentials
· Make all payments on time and pay bills promptly
· Get your credit report from all the three bureaus and check for accuracy and make sure they are correct or get them corrected
· Look for an additional job till you are able to repair your credit
These are ways to avoid staying in the bad credit status for long. It is possible to prove to the insurers, lenders and credit card companies that your habits with credit has changed if you had a history of bad credit in the past. These are some good ways to improve your chances of getting a lower auto insurance rate in spite of your low credit score by fixing or improving your credit score.
If you find it too overwhelming to set right your credit situation you can consider taking the help of a credit repair specialist and get yourself out of the bad credit category. You can compare quotes from different insurance companies and select the best deal that suits your needs. You can also look for an insurer who does not base your insurance on your credit history.