In this recession hit economy, everyone wants to save as much as possible and looks for ways to cut down on spending. High car insurance premiums can eat up a major junk of your savings. With some research and smart moves, you can save significantly on your car insurance premiums. Here are five fool proof ways to cut your car insurance premiums:
- Maintain a good driving record: Maintaining a spotless driving record means no over speeding, tickets or traffic violations and other violations such as drunk driving. If you allow any of these to get into your driving record, the direct result is your insurance premium will hit the roof. Good driving is also beneficial as the car will be in good condition too for long.
- Adding other members of your family and other vehicles in your car insurance policy. The more the number of vehicles and the more persons insured the lower your premium will be. Staying with the same insurer for many years is also a way to get a lower premium rate.
- Combining difference policies: You can have your home owners’, health and other insurance policies combined with your car insurance policy to get a much lower premium resulting in handsome savings for you month after month.
- AAA Membership: If you become a member of AAA (American Automobile Association) you can get special rates that are lower than standard car insurance premiums.
- Avail maximum discounts: There are many discounts based on a variety of criteria like good student, senior citizen, for attending defensive driving classes, based on your age, gender and the mileage you drive and where you drive, the car’s model, age and condition and more. Ask your agent about all the discounts and avail as many discounts as you can so that you can cut your car premium considerably.